Thursday, May 20, 2010

Evelyn Glennie: shows how to listen :D

What will you remember about her performance ?

I would remember all the emotions that she has for music. All that type of sounds that she did but speacially in the marimba. And also I would never forget either that even though shes deaf she knows how to do all those kind of sounds and I know she could feel it.


Describe what it felt like listening to her play. What factors helped create this moment ? You can describe any of the times that she played or either instrument.

Well I really had fun listening at her perfomance because like all the kinds of sounds she would do it would like relax me. Also it would inspired me that even though shes deaf she knows how to focused on what she was doing. And I really like how she was useing the drums because also she would do it with the sticks in the sides to make differents sounds.


What elements of her perfomance influenced what the audince heard ?

I think that she put a lot of effort in the performance. At first I didn't know that she was deaf because everything that she does with the sounds it doesn't look that shes deaf until she said that she was deaf since she was 12 years old. And well everytime she would do the sound it would feel good.


What did she mean by " Each person experiences music in their own way" ?

I think that she meant that some people might be blind but, they know how to feel the music and do different type of sounds but they have their own way to do the music and feel it. Some people don't really like the music because they think its boerding because they don't know how to feel the music and they don't know how special is. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment